Customer Support Specialist
Customer Support Specialist
Have you ever thought to yourself, “There’s got to be a better, smarter way to do this?”
Well, we did too. That’s why we created SyncHR – a modern people platform designed to help enterprises transform and modernize their HR functions, including everything from recruiting, time and attendance and performance management to back-office HR, payroll and benefits management. We’re growing like crazy and we’re hiring!
Customer Support Specialist
Like our solution, we are seeking a Customer Support Specialist, who doesn’t want to do things the same old way; they want to do them better. If you have a passion for working directly with customers, love cutting-edge technology, and want to make a big impact at a fast-growing company, then there’s no better place on the planet than SyncHR.
About the Role
SyncHR is seeking to hire a Customer Support Specialist. This position will work with existing customers and partners in our General Support team. The successful candidate will be responsible for assessing and resolving inbound customer tickets, leveraging inbound and outbound communication with customers and partners via phone, email and conference bridge tools.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage and prioritize multiple support tickets simultaneously
- Possess a sense of ownership of all tickets in your queue and handle them with care and concern for the customer
- Provide professional, accurate and timely response to all customer tickets
- A positive attitude, even when faced with misplaced criticism or frustration
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to change
- Work closely with other departments including Finance, Development, Product and other Support teams within the company
- Provide timely feedback to escalation points and management regarding challenges or customer concerns.
- Listen, document, and help resolve issues that customers experience with the product
- Document the patterns and queries that may indicate a larger problem with the product that needs to be resolved
- Be willing to share knowledge with teammates and help support the team and Customer Support Manager
- Show initiative and interest in learning about all aspects of the product and Human Capital Management (HCM) industry
This position may involve the handling or processing of sensitive client or company information and requires adherence to all SyncHR security and privacy policies.
The Ideal Candidate
- 2-3 years of experience working in HCM industry in customer support role
- Experience working with a support ticketing system (Zendesk, Freshdesk, Salesforce etc)
- Experience crafting customer emails that are concise, professional and well written
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Capital Management, Business Administration, or similar field
In addition, we are looking for people who love what they do, have strong communication skills, attention to detail and can juggle multiple, often competing priorities without losing their minds. Candidates with prior knowledge about HR, time and attendance, payroll or benefits will be given top consideration.
Minimum Qualifications Include
- 1-2 years of working in customer support role, specifically with support tickets
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and often-changing environment
- Demonstrated experience working directly with customers
- Demonstrated experience to work well alone and in teams
- High school diploma; College degree preferred
What’s In It For You?
If you’re the type of person we described above, then you could easily get a job anywhere. So why SyncHR? It’s a good question. Here are the best three reasons we can think of:
- Ground Floor: SyncHR is a well-funded and fast-growing company. This is your chance to get in on the ground floor to build something great. Ten, twenty or thirty years from now, you can look back and say, “I helped build that.”
- Make a Difference: This is a high-profile and strategically important role. This is your chance to make a real difference and help shape the future of a fast-growth company.
- Broaden Your Skillset: At big companies, employees often get pigeon-holed into individual departments. At SyncHR, you’ll get exposure to everything from sales and marketing to product development and engineering, giving you a broader and more valuable perspective and skillset.
Of course, we also offer competitive salaries, stock option grants, a generous benefit package and a whole lot more, including pie-day Fridays. Who doesn’t love pie, right?
SyncHR believes in working smarter, not harder. Our mission is to radically simplify and streamline how mid-size organizations manage their core HR, benefits and payroll by delivering a single cloud-based solution that intelligently automates manual processes and streamlines key functions for mid to large-sized companies.
We are a fun, fast-paced dynamic company, where people truly believe in what they’re doing. At every level of the organization, we’re committed to combining passion and love for our customers, our technology and the services that we provide.
SyncHR is the right place to grow your career if you want to:
- Show the world what you can really do if given the opportunity
- Work at a growing company where your contributions are highly visible to everyone
- Be part of a highly motivated team that’s passionate about doing things smarter and better
- Learn new skills, try new things, and be part of a company where your work matters